
I think I've been experimenting a little too much in the kitchen. Matt is still incredibly grateful for food on the table at every meal, but he's been asking for some of the old favorites. New recipes are always a little risky and recently, not too many of my new recipes are on their way to becoming old favorites.
Last week Matt said, "How about you make spaghetti?" Part of me just felt bored as soon as he said it, but he did make a good point. There's something comforting about good spaghetti.
The problem was, I couldn't find a recipe for it! None of my new-fangled cookbooks has a simple spaghetti recipe. I knew I could call my mom for her recipe, but something in me wanted it to be our spaghetti.
While I was flipping through "How to Cook Everything," I ran across a recipe for spaghetti and meatballs and asked Matt if that would be OK, or if he wanted a traditional meat sauce. He said he didn't know, he never grew up with it like that. Neither did I. Would making meatballs be pushing the envelope?
Then I remembered that the family I lived with before I married Matt had an awesome spaghetti and meatballs recipe, the kind that's perfect for a cold rainy day like today. Maybe this could be our spaghetti, too!
So I made a call, got the recipe and tonight, we had an "old/new favorite."
The result? It went over so well, I think it's going to be our spaghetti!
Mom wants to know what the rest of the unfinished sentence says.........!
ReplyDelete