
Last night Matt and I went to a Savor Party. At a Savor party, each guest is required to bring their favorite food and an object that they cherish.
For my cherished object, I brought an ironed pillowcase. I love high-quality bed linens. When they are ironed, getting into bed is like slipping yourself into a cocoon that will shield you from all the troubles of today and the worries of tomorrow.
I don't usually take the time to iron my pillowcases, but the Savor party has inspired me to do so more often. Sometimes I have trouble sleeping, so I think it's important to do whatever I can to promote better sleep.
Matt did not bring an ironed pillowcase for his cherished object. He brought his sleeping bag. His sleeping bag reminds him of camping, of nights spent sleeping outside, cold and bone-tired, of enjoying nature with friends.
I can't decide if our cherished objects are extremely different or very much the same. While our chosen locales for sleeping clearly are in contrast, we both place high value on our sleeping experiences, however different our "cocoons" might be.
Furthermore, take a look at the picture above. Who do you think made our guest bed with such care and attention to detail?
I'll give you a hint. It wasn't me!
DITTO ON THE IRONED PILLOW CASES, AND WHITE IS BEST!!!
ReplyDeleteI thought only the Cedars ironed their pillow cases. Never thought to incorporate that P.Pt. standard into my everyday life. I will try it sometime in honor of you, way to live the high life! :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat the heck is a savour party?
ReplyDelete