
My mom told me this morning that it had snowed so much in Annapolis that she would be stuck in the house for days.
I said, how much snow did you get? Seven inches?
She said, "Yes!"
I kind of couldn't believe it.
Now there are many things about Detroit I'm still adapting to - the cold being one of them and probably the widespread enthusiasm for automobiles would be another.
But I can confidently say that I have fully adapted to driving in winter weather. I'm not half-bad at it either!
Tonight Matt was asking me about today's snowfall in Annapolis, so I decided to check out www.hometownannapolis.com for more information. This video found on the site's "Snowstorm Blog" (yes, there is actually a blog for the snowstorm!) will fill you in on what most people were doing today. Note, the streets in the background of the video appear to be clear. As does the street in the photograph above.
Now as I write this post, I realize I am proably asking for some grief from my Annapolitan friends and family who will protest that they hardly ever get this much snow, don't have the resources to deal with it, and can't they just enjoy a good snow day or two? Or probably three?
And to that I say, this is all in good fun!
Those I know who endured the extremely heavy snow yesterday (stop laughing!) have decided to venture out today, even tho it is ONLY 19.9 degrees.........this includes your mother who needs a haircut, groceries, and fellowship at Bible study!!
ReplyDeleteLiz! It was HILARIOUS! I am a Floridian and I was fine on the roads...though, it did take a half an hour to clear off my car, which was first packed in ice (as in, the doors were iced shut) and then lots of snow. But I made it, in one piece, to my job...where I discovered that everyone took the day off. Hope you are well!!
ReplyDeleteThis Californian-who-temporarily-lives-in-Boston agrees and throws a virtual snowball at Annapolis for complaining! ;) It is 19 degrees here tonight (March 13) AND windy AND we still have snow on the horizon! Grrrrr/Brrrrrrr!
ReplyDelete