
I never thought I would get a crockpot. We never had one growing up, so I've never really felt a need for one. Nothing that's ever come out of one has ever seemed appetizing to me. Maybe that's because the only place I ever see them is when they're all lined up in a row at potluck lunches at work. No matter how good the kitchen smells, I just can't entrust myself to my coworkers' clever combinations of "only three ingredients!!" - i.e. beef, beans and something out of a can.
However, I've heard my brother and sister-in-law talk a lot over the past year or so about how much they love their crockpot. About how they can put just a few things in it in the morning, not worry about it all day, and then have a delicious dinner ready for them eight hours later.
This kind of arrangement was starting to sound pretty good to me. Especially when I've been running out of ideas for wholesome meals (that hopefully will provide leftovers for lunch) that can be made and consumed in the span of about 37 minutes between work and an evening activity.
Austin and Jackie might have figured, though, that I never would bring myself to by one (I might not have), which might be why they bought me one for Christmas, along with most of the ingredients for some of their favorite crockpot creations.
So this morning I spent about three or four minutes putting ingredients in the crockpot, worried for about five minutes when a strange electrical smell emanated from the device, right as we were leaving for church ... and then eight hours later, spent about 90 seconds ladling mushroom beef barley soup into bowls for our dinner.
I think I'm a fan (just as long as there's more than three ingredients).
"Think I'm a fan"............is that a recommendation?!
ReplyDeleteHMJ