
I was having dinner with a friend last night and I mentioned I had gone to the store between work and meeting her for dinner. She said, "That's the one good thing about winter - you can go to the grocery store and not have to go straight home to put your groceries in the refrigerator/freezer."
I'd have to agree. I do love that about winter. But I hope that's not literally the one good thing about winter, because I need more than a handful of good things to counter this:
Wednesday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1.
Did you see that? A low around 1.
I'd better get a list together fast! Here goes:
- You have a very good excuse to frequently drink hot chocolate, lattes, hot cider, etc.
- The snow makes it bright outside, even when it's cloudy, at night and on early morning runs in the dark.
- It's a perfect time to get caught up on projects inside the house that you don't feel like tackling when it's 70 degrees and sunny.
- It's easier to sleep in on the weekends because the sun rises later. (a lot later here)
- Winter accessorizing can be fun - hats, scarves and gloves are available in all kinds of colors and textures.
- Since you're wearing lots of sweaters, jeans, corduroys, there's less ironing to do.
- You can bring cans of soup to work for lunch for days on end - this is good because they are affordable and no prep or tupperware is involved.
- You don't have to mow the lawn. But you do have to shovel snow. Maybe these two cancel each other out.
- There's always summer to look forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment