Monday, August 1, 2011

Miscellaneous

How is it that I can lose shoes, dresses, dishes, and more ... and still this silly little eye that fell off a craft Emery "made" at the Y has been following me around the house for more than a week?


I had an old favorite for lunch today - scrambled eggs with pesto. SOOO good. Just add a dollop of pesto to your eggs as you're scrambling them and voila - green eggs minus the ham. Even got Emery to try the eggs tonight, and she's becoming quite the picky eater, so I must say I was rather proud of myself for gently coaxing her into loving them.


We love the library these days. Free, new, cleanish toys and really good AC.


A whole fried catfish! Matt and I dug into this for my birthday dinner out ... yummmm.


Even better, I was able to partake in some fried pickles on my actual birthday.


Last week we went to a huge used bookstore and got lots of credit for books I don't want anymore. Emery, who one month ago adored books and now barely gives them a glance, enjoyed cruising along the shelves much more than reading ...


The Y now has an indoor playground and this is where I found Emery the other day when I went to pick her up - just peeking out the peephole at me!





1 comment:

  1. Pesto eggs, huh? I'm putting those on my "to eat" list. Especially if they're Emery approved.

    ReplyDelete