Sunday, July 24, 2011

An Annapolis getaway

As if we hadn't had enough vacation in Michigan, Emery and I pulled out the suitcases (actually, we just left them out between trips - too lazy to unpack and repack in less than one week) again and headed up to Annapolis for a week. A week of me doing almost nothing, and Emery having a ball, soaking up all the attention and new surroundings and toys. I think vacation suits her well - she learned quite a few new words, rarely fussed and now plays peek-a-boo (or, as she would say, "peeta-boo!") like a champ.

Perhaps we have a golf fan on our hands - as soon as the British Open came on, Emery exclaimed, "WOW!"


Papa quickly became one of Emery's favorite people, probably because he never tires of playing with her. She would call for him all throughout the house and was especially grateful when he brought her a banana breakfast in bed.


Henny really wants Emery to love dolls, and I think Emery gave it her best effort, but this photo can't conceal her lack of interest I'm afraid.


Even though I recently cancelled Emery's morning nap, she did manage to work in an a.m. snooze almost everyday in Annapolis!


I've never taken Emery to the mall to play before, but since the Annapolis Mall has a new, very clean play zone, we gave it a try, much to Emery's delight. And if the dog days of August are as hot as I think they'll be, well, we just might be giving it a try at our mall, too.



Emery always eats well at Henny and Papa's, with a yogurt mustache to prove it!

1 comment:

  1. Man, she's a cutie pie. Sounds like you had a great trip! "Peeta-boo!" is pretty fantastic. But, selfishly, I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete