I started this blog soon after I transplanted from the East Coast to "Motor City" (Detroit), hence the name "Motoring Forth." Since then, the automotive industry has taken our family, which now includes our lovely daughters Emery and Anna Kimball, south and we've begun a new chapter in Chattanooga, one of our favorite cities!
Friday, January 21, 2011
Changing my mind about figs
I can't stand Fig Newtons. Ugh! The worst is when you think you're biting into a Strawberry Newton and then you feel/hear that crunch and realize it's a FIG. Ick. Makes me want to avoid Newtons altogether, which I actually do, because why have a cookie without chocolate in it?
Anyway, this is all beside the point, which is actually that Pioneer Woman's Fig-Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula is now one of my most favorite pizzas ever. And, lo and behold, it includes figs! I'm not sure why I even dared try it - probably the prosciutto and arugula won me over, and of course the fact that it was a pizza, and maybe the conviction that I should like figs.
Now it's time to see what else I can cook up with figs ... though I will still not be sinking my teeth into any Newtons anytime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment