When it comes to cooking, I like a lot of variety, almost to a fault. Instead of pulling out tried and true recipes on a regular basis, usually the latest (insert food blogger) post or Wednesday food section in the paper distracts and tempts me to save boring old turkey meatloaf for another night. This method often can produce good results, but there are plenty of nights when I know it would have been better for everyone involved if I had just stuck with what I know works and tastes great.
One way I'm remedying this is by keeping a dinner journal. The rewards are two-fold - we can take a trip down memory lane anytime we want to remember what happened at the dinner table, and I have an on-the-ready assortment of recipes worth going back to over and over again.
Here are a few keepers from 2010!
Quick and Easy Ciopinno - this fish stew is affordable, nutritious and truly doesn't taste like it was quick and easy
Yukon Gold Potatoes - Jacques Pepin Style - Crispy, flavorful and so simple
Toasted Marshmallow Milkshakes - I don't even care much for marshmallows, but these just hit the spot
Pasta with Peas, Prosciutto and Lettuce - the soft, salty, and crunchy tastes of spring, right in your pasta bowl!
Baked Sausages with Apples and Onions - a super supper you probably already have in the pantry, provided you keep some sausages in the freezer for last minute meals
Salted Caramel Brownie - a lot of work, but sublime
Flatbread with Roasted Apple, Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion - if you're a vegan, you've hit the jackpot with this one; if you're not a vegan, well, you just might become one after this
No comments:
Post a Comment