


We did a little yardwork yesterday. Actually, perhaps I should say Matt did a lot of yardwork yesterday and I was moderately helpful and hopefully inspirational. (I only say that because on one of our trips between the nursery and home I commented that I didn't feel like I was much help, and Matt said I was inspiration. Kinda cute and I'm hoping he wasn't just joking!)
In just three hours, Matt mowed the lawn, dug up 5 ailing rhododendrons, extended the width of our front bed by two feet, transplanted our Japanese maple, planted 5 hydrangeas and 13 boxwoods, and laid some mulch!!
To my credit, I planted some herbs, did some pruning and weeding and laid some mulch as well.
I really don't have much of a green thumb, and, at this stage in life, am not all that interested in doing what it takes to make it greener. It makes me sympathetic to those people who really aren't that interested in cooking, but still want to eat well without too much effort or cost.
Our friend with expertise in landscaping told us that this plan was "failproof" ... here's hoping he's right!
HOME SWEET HOME!!
ReplyDeleteOh my word! Your home is so cute! Kudos to you both for kicking Spring in with a new garden. We just potted some flowers and have thus committed ourselves to daily waterings. Oh the price we all pay for the beauty of greenery!
ReplyDelete