Sunday, May 17, 2009

I need to be more careful


Last night I volunteered at a cowboy-themed fundrasiser for the Junior League. I don't own cowboy boots, a cowboy hat or even a checked button-down shirt ... the only affordable Western flair I could figure out at the last minute was a bandanna.

So I asked Matt if he had any I could borrow, and he hedged a little. To be honest, I was a bit miffed by his response. After all, it's just a bandanna, he wasn't going to be using it on Saturday night I'm pretty sure, and what was I going to do ... lose it?!?! Of course not! It would be tied around my neck for all of 2 or 3 hours and then back in his hands, safe and sound.

I'm guessing you can tell where this post is going. Matt was right to hedge a little in lending me his white bandanna, the one he feels the most sentimental about, the one that reminds him of his backpacking trips.

When I got to the event, I put my belongings in a coat closet and decided not to wear the bandanna at first, since I couldn't really make it look cute tied around my neck and figured I looked "cowboy couture" enough with my denim and heels.

And of course, a few hours later, I returned home, bandannaless. In my rush to leave, I didn't notice that it had fallen of the top of my purse, where I had set it initially.

Here's the good news, though! First, and most importantly, Matt forgave me pretty quickly. Yes, he was bummed that we might not be able to get his bandanna back, but he didn't give me a hard time about it. And for that I am very grateful!

Second, I did track down a friend who was still at the event and she rescued it for me.

Lesson learned - I need to keep bandannas tied around my neck! (and be more careful of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment