"That would be a good project for the winter."
This is a common statement, I think, one that's used to excuse away tasks like organizing photos and recipes, taking care of paint touchups around the house, and decluttering closests when there are far more compelling things to do outdoors.
I think many of us are waiting for that elusive snow day(s) that will leave us captive in the house, and suddenly these tasks will seem a lot more appealing and manageable.
The problem is, that even though winter is still a ways away from loosening its grip on Detroit, the days actually are getting longer, the temperatures aren't quite as brutal, and the majority of those "winter" projects haven't quite been tackled in our household. Furthermore, it would take a monumental amount of snow to keep anyone housebound in this city.
I did make some great traction this weekend by beginning to paint the basement stairwell and stairs. And Matt pitched in by assembling our new pantry system in the basement.
As for the rest of our "winter" projects ... well, maybe I'll just wear my pajamas inside-out for good luck tonight and hope for a blizzard.
No comments:
Post a Comment