
As I mentioned in my previous post, nearly all Michiganders, it seems, live to go "Up North." Many go nearly every weekend in the summer. And many brave souls venture north in the winter, too. Which is what Matt and I did this weekend, at the invitation of some of our good friends who invited us to their lakehouse.
And I'm beginning to understand why! The majority of the state isn't occupied by automotive plants, but by farmland, and there are lakes of all sizes scattered around. It seems to get better and better the further north you head. We were on Crystal Lake, which is situated on the northwest corner of the state.

And we did indeed enjoy the lake, despite the cold weather, as you can see from the pictures above. (Actually, it was surprisingly warm, about 30 degrees.) We snowshoed across the lake to get a good look at what the ice fishermen were up to, and to get a little exercise.
We also did our fair share of reading, resting, enjoying time with friends and eating well.
While I think I'll still do my fair share of traveling "Down South," I'm already looking forward to seeing more of our upstate treasures!
No comments:
Post a Comment