Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Acknowledgements

I guess it's time to give credit where credit is due. While we were enjoying our crepes and visit to Eastern Market on Saturday, and after I exclaimed, "Oh, I can blog about this!" Matt jokingly reminded me, as he has many times over the past month or so, that he is the one who is giving me all of these good ideas for my blog posts.

It was his idea to go out for crepes and make a pitstop at Eastern Market, it was his idea to go to Charleston for our anniversary, to buy me the New York Times, to get me interested in Pistons basketball ... and really, to invite me to live in Detroit in the first place so that I could finally get offers for subscriptions to Midwest Living, yet another worthy topic for a blog post. And what would be the point in starting a blog called "Motoring Forth," were it not for Matt choosing to live here, and me choosing to join him? (although, strangely, I have yet to write about the auto industry or cars.)

Now he isn't trying to take all the credit here, because of course it's I who sit down and actually type out these posts. But I did feel it was time to acknowledge his inspiration ... especially because I've currently got a few ideas for future posts, that, well, I'm going to need to attribute to him. Thank you Matt!

1 comment:

  1. Matt is always full of great surprises! We like hearing of them!
    M/D

    ReplyDelete