Monday, April 23, 2012

Home makeover, part 1

Where to begin? Within 48 hours I got a new house this week, thanks to Matt's mom, my mom and her friend Jay who's a decorator. I wish the pictures did justice to this astounding transformation, but you'll have to take my word for it. I didn't get too many "before" pictures because Jay works like a tornado, but here are a few for effect:


Emery's bedroom


I love this shot of Jay moving the painting we had dared to hang before she arrived since we just knew it belonged in the kitchen. It's a painting of food for crying out loud! 
What did we know?! Off it went to the master bedroom!


Living room


More living room 


And yes, more living room. This space was my biggest pain point prior to the transformation, since we had to have our TV in that wooden cabinet, but nothing seemed to work well around it. 
Thankfully Jay made everything better and all is right with the world and in my living room ... stay tuned for part 2!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the suspense! I'm waiting (on pins and needles) for Part 2!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! can't wait to see it in person some day.

    ReplyDelete