Thursday, March 29, 2012

Be a brave bunny

I often tell Emery to be a "brave bunny" (she has a bunny towel) when I'm rinsing her hair out during bath time, since of course she doesn't like getting water in her eyes.

Well, turns out she's not the only one who needs to be brave. Yesterday, we were in the backyard when I heard a rustling in the leaves. For some reason it caught my attention since it didn't sound like a squirrel or a bird. My curiosity got the best of me and I looked to see what the noise was and to my horror realized it was a SNAKE. Not just a green garter snake. A long, thick black one, slowly slowly slowly creeping through the leaves and against the concrete wall on the side of our property. The same wall we have to walk by to get back to the deck and into the safety of our kitchen. (or is our kitchen even safe??! this is my new concern)

I took a few deep breaths, whisked Emery away and made the trek along the other side of the house (is that even safe??!) without letting her in on my panic. If she needs to be a brave bunny, well, I guess I do, too. But it's not going to be easy. Especially since my neighbor now tells me he thinks there's a snake bed between our house and his. YIKES.

I'm doing many of you a favor and NOT posting the picture I managed to get of the snake from the safety of the deck (or is that even safe??!) and will instead leave you with a snapshot of the bravest bunny I know - Emery!


1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! There has to be something positive about snakes (the circle of life and all that crap) but I'm too freaked out by the fact that you have snakes in your backyard to think of that right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete