To date, Anna Kimball isn't exactly a happy baby. Not miserable, but generally discontent while awake. Except when she's on her changing table - then, for some reason, whatever ills have provoked all the fussing, writhing and tears seem to vanish.
I was thinking this over yesterday and it occurred to me that she also had the same response to being placed on the exam table at the doctor's office a few weeks ago. Never mind the poking and prodding, or being woken up from a good nap ... nope, she was as happy as a four-week old can possibly be!
So in an effort to coax some smiles out of this little one, I pulled the changing table mat over to my bed and here's what happened:
Perhaps I should take this mat with me wherever I go??
Is it an "on her back" thing? (asked the woman who's never raised a child?)
ReplyDeleteLiz! Much fun to now be able to viz. your newest sweetie and the new surroundings. The house seems charming. Please tell Emery that I like her new haircut so much I may just go out and get one for myself. Glad to see Anna Kimball is growing beautifully. (Lift with your legs, not your back:)Perhaps she is a sleep number/ firm mattress baby! I think of you more often than I call and hope you are enjoying these early months as a family of 4. With love, Tai
ReplyDelete