Sunday, January 8, 2012

Not ready to have this baby!

My due date is January 17, less than two weeks away and I am definitely not ready to have this baby. I mean yes, I do have diapers on hand, sleepers washed and folded, new bathtub purchased, etc. but I have literally been on vacation since Henny and Papa arrived and begun helping out with so many of the tasks involved in caring for a toddler and keeping a household organized and fed ... and why would I want that to end ahead of schedule?!?

I wish I had some fabulous pictures that document how wonderful this vacation has been, but I've been too busy not doing my normal routine to get any good ones taken, nor have I spent nearly as much time with Emery as I usually do, hence a lack of photo opps. Am I starting to sound like I'd rather not be mothering a toddler and a soon-to-be newborn? If so, that's not the case ... I'm just realistically acknowledging that it simply won't be possible to rest and run the errands I want to run, when I want to run them,  have extended periods of alone time, etc. etc. etc. in just a matter of days.

So for right now I'm going to thoroughly enjoy every second of this brief respite ... pray like mad Baby D #2 has no intentions of showing up early. Did you hear that ____ _____? (blanks are for the still top-secret names!)

No comments:

Post a Comment