Saturday, January 28, 2012

Anna Kimball Doescher

was preparing to make her arrival just a week ago today! Much to my relief, she made her entrance into this world without any drama, awakening me with a few minor contractions at 2am, letting me fall back asleep for a bit, then summoning me to the hospital at the respectable time of 9:30am. Three hours later I was pushing, and only for 10 minutes at that, and then there she was!

We told the doctor we wanted Matt to share the news with me and announcing whether we had a son or daughter. So I couldn't see Anna Kimball when he gave her anatomy a concentrated stare, just to make sure he had things correct, and happily proclaimed that it was "Anna Kimball."

That's not what I was expecting to hear (and no, this is not where we give away our boy name ... must keep saving it!), but it really didn't take long for the news to set in and for it to seem just right that Emery would have a sister (a sister! she is so lucky!) and that Matt would now be vastly outnumbered by the women of the house. Thankfully, he's such a good sport about it all and just so happy to be with "his girls."

I finish with a few pics from this week, but first want to say that we really aren't sure if we'll be calling her Anna or Anna Kimball. I thought I had convinced Matt that it would be Anna Kimball, but right there in the delivery room after she arrived, Matt calmly insisted that he would just be calling her Anna. That Anna Kimball is a lot of syllables.

Well, I love the way Anna Kimball sounds, but he does have a point. I'm even having trouble saying it all the time. So, we'll just have to see what sticks. If all else fails, maybe she'll just be AK!








3 comments:

  1. Amazing, Liz! So wonderful! Welcome AK! We are so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. March can't get here soon enough to meet this new Little Precious Anna Kimball, Emery Campbell and the proud parents. Love, Bammi and Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Very considerate of her to allow you to sleep in. Perhaps this hints at a personality full of compassion and the humble heart of a servant? 8D
    Annnnnd I'll call her whatever you want me to, though I am partial to Anna Kimball or AK.

    ReplyDelete