This post might be the first of many (no promises, yet!), in which I give a rundown of "what we've been eating" ... well, what we've been eating that's delicious, that is. I'll spare you from the flops, unless I really feel compelled to warn you about something lurking out there on the food blogs. Here goes:
Chard and White Bean Stew - compliments of Smitten Kitchen, this was fabulous. Emery even loved it. Do not skip the egg on top - it totally makes the dish.
Mega Fries - made these on our anniversary with steak, because the baby Yukon gold potatoes I really wanted to buy where nowhere to be found, which turned out to be just fine because these were awesome. So simple and crispy, a healthy alternative to real fries, and I didn't even have to flip them.
Baked Potato Soup - again, a Smitten Kitchen pick that Emery loved, and we enjoyed it, too. The roasted garlic is what sold me, and I don't think it's complete without bacon on top.
Indonesian Sweet Potato and Cabbage Soup - this was from a cookbook I have, but lo and behold it's on the Internet, too. It was a little involved, but worth it. So flavorful. I doubled the recipe, because cabbage is so uninspiring to me ... in fact, I know I will wind up tossing the half a head left in my fridge before I can think of a way I'd want to eat it. And please don't try to sell me on making stir fry.
Tuna and White Bean Pasta with Gremolata Bread Crumbs - affordable, easy and delicious, this made a lot and I loved having the bread crumb mixture in it. And yes, Emery enjoyed it, too.
Yesssss! Thanks for putting together my meal plan for the next week =) Now if only I could talk you into cooking it all for me...
ReplyDeletei love cabbage! how about a quick asian slaw? i shred cabbage, add bread and butter pickled radishes (i found the recipe somewhere online), some crushed peanuts, and a little sesame oil. bam! so good!
ReplyDeleteMmm...yummy! And those pics of Emery sleeping in the nursery crib are too cute!
ReplyDelete