Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A fall fling

I had all good intentions of writing a rather lengthy post about our fun day trip this past weekend to the Cherohala Skyway, where we caught the lingering markers of a stunning autumn, but time is slipping like sand though my fingers this week, so the pictures will have to suffice.


Ready to go!


Pausing to enjoy the view


Always happy in Daddy's arms


Hmm, not so sure about this


Never mind, this is great!


Yay, here I go again!


So happy that Daddy always catches me


On a hike through the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest, where some of the trees are 400 years old, 100 feet tall and more than 20 feet in circumference


One tree hugger, one Daddy hugger


Fading signs of fall


Lunch! North Carolina bbq - it wasn't the best I've ever had, but to my starving stomach, it was sublime.


As was the chocolate meringue pie - note to self, learn how to make this.


Exhausted from all the fun

1 comment: