Sunday, August 15, 2010

Basil blight continued


Well, as I'm sure you're dying to know, BOTH bunches of basil from the farmer's market on Wednesday wilted faster than you can say "margherita pizza." Good thing I wasn't planning on making that this week.

We went to a different market today and I found a vendor selling lemon basil for $1 a bag. I briefly reviewed my wilting issues with her and she seemed pretty confident that I wouldn't have that problem with her basil.

We shall see. I paid her in quarters just so I didn't feel like I was gambling with my grocery budget yet again.

It did look pretty sprightly just a few hours later as I snipped some up to add to a corn and tomato salad.


And the lemon flavor definitely came through, which might not always be a good thing, but at this point, I'll take some citrus over weeping, wilting basil any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment