
It's been one of those stretches where everything and nothing seems all that blogworthy, so I've taken the easy way out and not made a peep. However, now it's been a little too long with no post, so here's a snapshot of what we've been up to, with photos and a video sprinkled throughout:




Cooking and eating - We are loving the fruits of summer. Local peaches are everywhere I turn, blueberries cropping up for cereal and pancakes, and cantaloupes just starting to make an affordable appearance at the supermarket.
Here are a few recipes we've been enjoying:

- Decorating - and I shouldn't exactly be included in "we" because our dear friend Shannon and my mom are really the only ones who have put forth real effort in getting Emery's room looking girly, tasteful and original. Curtains are still being hung, but when everything is put together, I'll post again with pics that include look at Shannon's coffee filter hydrangea wall art!
- Reuniting - after three weeks in Germany for work, Matt was more than ready to come home and also a little relieved that Emery wasn't as big in person as she looked on Skype ... yet, she still grew a lot while he was gone and I'm happy to report that it was a wonderful reunion and Emery hasn't missed a beat in giving her daddy plenty of smiles and rapt attention whenever he's nearby.
Matt's trip also afforded us a reunion with Henny and Papa, one of Emery's namesakes, her uncle Austin Emery, Aunt Jackie and cousin Tucker.
Here are a few recipes we've been enjoying:
Pasta with Peas, Prosciutto and Lettuce - it might sound strange or possibly bland to you, but trust me, it's absolutely delicious, simple to make and best of all, doesn't even require you making a salad on the side!
Shaved Asparagus Pizza - also extremely simple and a wonderful combination of flavors for an unusual pizza that's worth making over and over again ... also doesn't require a salad on the side (catching a theme here? i love salads but get tired of making them!) Today for lunch, there was only one small slice left, so I made it more substantial, and even more delicious, by topping my slice with two fried eggs.
And for dessert, Salted Caramel Brownies. Need I say more?
Oh my, how I love the big flower frills on Emery's little outfit in the video! How well she is accessorizing these days! Your food pic and descriptions make me very hungry, which isn't great as I'm not as good or eager a cook as you. Love seeing cuz Tucker too ~ what a big boy!! Can't wait for those nursery pics, don't forget to post them! =)
ReplyDeleteOh, and last but certainly not least, WELCOME HOME MATT!!!
ReplyDelete