Thursday, June 3, 2010

Emery's favorite places



Most of Emery's favorite places are pictured above - her changing table, crib and floor gym. Today, and most days, she prefers the changing table and crib to anything else, even the floor gym. I'm really trying to figure out what it is about the changing table she likes so much. We often put a singing stuffed giraffe near her head to entertain her as we deal with messy diapers, but even without the company of giraffe she's perfectly content and it seems could happily stay there much longer than necessary!

She's also getting very comfortable with "independent play" in her crib. Numerous times I've put her down for a nap, only to peek in 20 or 30 minutes later to see her staring at her mobile and amusing herself with kicking, flailing and cooing. For a while I felt guilty whenever I saw this, thinking oh no, maybe she wasn't ready for a nap and here I've left her in her crib all this time so I could talk on the phone!

But then the obvious hit me - she's happy in her crib. This is a good thing! All the times I've beat myself up for letting her cry in her crib, and now I'm upset that she's happy in her crib? I must be crazy!

The video below is several minutes of kicking. So if you're not one of our close relatives who might be able to spend much more than several minutes watching Emery do everything from kick to sleep, feel free to watch as much or as little as you like. You'll get the gist of it pretty quickly!




1 comment:

  1. Henny and Papa could watch Emery kick for hours!

    ReplyDelete