I started this blog soon after I transplanted from the East Coast to "Motor City" (Detroit), hence the name "Motoring Forth." Since then, the automotive industry has taken our family, which now includes our lovely daughters Emery and Anna Kimball, south and we've begun a new chapter in Chattanooga, one of our favorite cities!
Monday, May 10, 2010
You know you're in the South when ...
you hear "Oh I Wish I Was in Dixie" on the radio, the sign on the restaurant down the street indicates that they serve gizzards, livers and fried green tomatoes ... and literally every salesperson I encountered in the past 48 hours wanted to be very sure I was going to have a happy Mother's Day. You have to love Southern hospitality!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was even asked about my Mother's Day at the airport leaving TN! Just wish I had had a fried green tomato! XXO, Mom
ReplyDeleteYes, this is a nice post and all but I really just want to see more pictures of Emery. ; )
ReplyDelete