Monday, May 3, 2010

A new kind of "Sunday blues"

I used to get the "Sunday blues" on Sunday afternoons, and often even late in the day on Saturday, with the prospect of the work week and daily grind starting up again all too soon.

Well, I'm realizing that the maternity work week is really 7 days a week, 24 hours a day (of course with obvious perks and I wouldn't trade it for anything), so the Sunday blues should be a thing of the past, right?

Wrong. I felt them coming on yesterday as the prospect of Matt returning to work set in! Ironic, since for the past six months all we wanted was for him to be able to go to work in the first place!

This was our first "normal" weekend as mom and dad, in our new place in Chattanooga, taking care of Emery, enjoying some down time, trying to unpack, etc. And he's such a huge help! I was able to go to the grocery store by myself, take a run and a longer than ordinary shower.

So I suppose I might always be dealing with the Sunday blues ... on the bright side, Emery is learning to sleep on her own and that more than compensates for any case of the Sunday blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment