


I've been debating how to share some of the "bigger" news that we have to report. Since I just don't have the energy to come up with anything clever, I'll just be frank - I'm nearly 17 weeks pregnant and our house is for sale!
These circumstances coupled with the fact that Matt is looking for a new job are about all the change I can handle right now. I feel, though, that I'm managing it all with uncharacteristic optimism and peace. Someone pointed out to me that I might be one of those rare women whose hormones actually balance out during pregnancy. This I have never heard of, but if it means more peace and less pessimism, I'll take it!
I've also recently developed an addiction to playing solitaire on my phone. I've probably played it 98 times in the last week, mainly because I just can't win. And I hate that. Every time I'm so close to winning, I have the superstitious thought "If I win, this means we'll sell our house." Or, "If I win, this means Matt will get a great job."
Ridiculous, I know. While sometimes it feels like the odds are stacked against us, I'm beginning to get the feeling that we'll actually sell our house and Matt will get a great job, and the baby will even be born before I win a game of solitaire.
And you know, that will be just fine with me!
I was just going to e-mail you and ask about putting your house up for sale! Its true sometimes pregnancy does balance things out. I feel this was definitely true of my first pregnancy. LOVED your thoughts! I feel like it was totally something I feel but have never written down only instead of solitaire I tie drinking straw wrappers to determine if things will turn out. ; )
ReplyDeleteumm, your kidding about solitaire right? Craig and I are BOTH totally and completely addicted to solitaire on our phones! Once you win a game, if Matt does not have the job, then move up to Free Cell, much harder but a much larger reward when you win (hopefully then he'll have a job, the house will sell, and you'll have a new place to settle into!)
ReplyDelete-Kristen