Saturday, October 17, 2009

A confession

I also feel obliged to confess that about 18 hours after I posted that I'm handling all of these changes and unknowns with uncharacteristic optimism and peace, my "hormones" shifted. What formerly seemed exciting turned into terrifying and our new adventure just didn't seem like much fun anymore, largely because I realized I'm not in the driver's seat and have very little, if any, control over what's going to happen.

So my hopes of being a supernatural pregnant woman with astonishingly balanced hormones have been dashed, or maybe this has nothing to do with hormones and only is a matter of personal responsibility. Who knows ... and interestingly, these shifts have been happening on Fridays, which is why now Matt and I are dubbing Fridays "Freak Fridays" in preparation for my major mood swings.

Good thing we made it to Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Even when we are at peace with things its completely normal to have these moments. Um, that is, if you are human. ; )

    ReplyDelete