It's a good thing there's ice cream in the freezer, wine in the pantry and an Internet connection. As far as I know, there's nothing a little dairy, Cabernet or Berenstain Bears on YouTube can't ameliorate, right?
I started this blog soon after I transplanted from the East Coast to "Motor City" (Detroit), hence the name "Motoring Forth." Since then, the automotive industry has taken our family, which now includes our lovely daughters Emery and Anna Kimball, south and we've begun a new chapter in Chattanooga, one of our favorite cities!
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Maternity leave is over
Henny and Papa, who rented a small house nearby for a month, left two weeks ago and Grammie swiftly took their place. She actually stayed with us and pretty much had zero breathing room from her adoring brood of grandchildren. I admire her stamina. A lot.
Yet, all good things must come to an end, including this stay-at-home-mom's version of maternity leave. Grammie left yesterday and our "new normal" begins tomorrow when Matt leaves for work. I'm hoping our new normal won't include an uptick in meltdowns, timeouts and general domestic disorder but let's be real -- it will.
It's a good thing there's ice cream in the freezer, wine in the pantry and an Internet connection. As far as I know, there's nothing a little dairy, Cabernet or Berenstain Bears on YouTube can't ameliorate, right?
It's a good thing there's ice cream in the freezer, wine in the pantry and an Internet connection. As far as I know, there's nothing a little dairy, Cabernet or Berenstain Bears on YouTube can't ameliorate, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


and Usborne sticker books! check those out if you haven't already. :) I love that: maternity leave. :)
ReplyDelete