I started this blog soon after I transplanted from the East Coast to "Motor City" (Detroit), hence the name "Motoring Forth." Since then, the automotive industry has taken our family, which now includes our lovely daughters Emery and Anna Kimball, south and we've begun a new chapter in Chattanooga, one of our favorite cities!
Monday, November 12, 2012
200, 212 questions a minute
Emery: "Mommy, where's Anna Kimball?"
Me: "In bed, napping."
Emery: "Mommy, where's Anna Kimball?"
Me: "In bed, napping."
Emery: "Mommy, where's Anna Kimball?"
Me: "Anna Kimball IS IN BED. NAPPING."
Emery: "Mommy, where's Anna Kimball?"
Me: "I just told you! What did I just tell you when you asked me a second ago?"
A pause ...
Emery: "What's Mommy doing with the spoon?"
I don't think I need to go on any further to make my point. Emery asks me an innocent question, then persists in asking it over and over again until I truly cannot think straight anymore.
I'm trying to get better about only answering her question once and then ignoring the subsequent inquiries, though that doesn't do much to suppress her wonderings. Turning the question back at her also helps.
I know, I know, I know this is just part of toddlerhood, endearing and annoying all at once, and I am grateful for her superior attention to detail and her growing curiosity about, well, everything.
Just remind me that there will come a day when I'll miss hearing 200,212 questions a minute? Or will I not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where IS Anna Kimball???
ReplyDelete