Thursday, June 7, 2012

Our angels next door

As I've mentioned before, Emery has found some new friends a few doors up whom she sees on almost a daily basis. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this has been a divine provision for both of us. For Emery, it's a chance to get out of the house, get seriously spoiled, gain some independence (something she's not really asking for much these days but I sure am!) and make new friendships, albeit with people not exactly in the toddler crowd.

For me, it's a chance to focus on Anna Kimball, make dinner, and/or enjoy a quiet house, among many options. I'm also reaping the benefits of friendship and am pinching myself in disbelief when I realize I have a more experienced "mom" friend a stone's throw away who can walk me through how to administer Tylenol to a wriggling infant, alert me to all the obstacles that lie ahead in the preteen, teenage and college years, and laugh with me about all the highs and lows of having a toddler and infant glued to one's side day in and day out. 


Loving the porch swing!


Yes, she's making herself quite at home on that swing.


Honing her musical abilities - not only has Emery been exposed to the piano, 
but also the bongos and ukelele!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet.
    And as happy as I am for you guys, I have to admit I'm a teensy, weensy bit jealous... I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete