Then Matt returned from running a race, I made him a quick brunch, devoured the rest of our Roasted Apple, Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion pizza, and rushed off to Homespun Parties and Events for a class on making scarves/necklaces out of old t-shirts.
I'm not sure what I think of my creations, but the class was only $5, so who really cares, right? :)
Then I headed home only to turn right back around again for another fun outing - a bluegrass concert on the river with Matt and Emery. Given Emery's love for the outdoors and music, we knew this would be a hit and it was - with her and with us. She spent almost the entire time climbing in and out of her stroller, pausing occasionally to clap for the musicians and play peek-a-boo with strangers.
On a side note, Matt's first comment when he saw Emery's floral pink outfit was, "She looks like a fun nurse! You know, the kind who wears pink scrubs and is super cheery and nice."
Hmm. Not quite the look I was going for, but I guess I can kind of see what he means? ...
Then we finished off the day with Chard and White Bean Stew - fabulous. Healthy. Easy. Hooray for nice Saturdays!





I saw pics from that class on facebook but your picture was mid necklace construction, so I'm glad to see these! It looks like it was a ton of fun and I love what you made.
ReplyDeleteAnd that stew? Yummmmmmmm