Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Emery at 18 months



Every day it seems Emery is getting more grownup, revealing new likes, dislikes, abilities, etc. so I figured I'd better record some history here and now before it becomes just that - history!

Favorite food: hands down bananas (or "mee-nee" for some strange reason)

Favorite song: "If You're Happy and You Know It" You know she wants to sing it when she opens and closes her hands and repeats "happy? happy? happy?" And once is of course never enough ... we sing it endless times in a row.

Favorite toy: Um, me? Emery doesn't have much attachment to her toys and is generally more interested in doing what I'm doing than anything else. I realize this is a phase, but if I had the energy, I'd move all of her toys out of the house for the time being to enjoy a little less clutter!

Favorite activities: Emery loves listening and dancing to music (You know she's ready for the next song when she whines "ee-mee?") playing outside, chasing the neighbor's cat, ogling at doggies, emptying my nightstand, climbing on the furniture, Skype, going to the library, to the pedestrian bridge downtown, and to the grocery store, of course. :) Her interest in dolls is beginning to develop, thanks to valiant efforts from her Henny to cultivate an appreciation for this activity.


Oh, and she also is quite intent on fitting herself into spaces that are clearly too small for a toddler.


Thankfully Emery keeps us all laughing, even on days that are hard and long, and we can't wait to see how the rest of her second year unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment