Some friends and I have begun a cooking club and this month's theme was French Bistro cooking. I had the privilege of hosting, which meant all I needed to do was select some beverages and watch my mom set the table since she was in town for visit and just itching to get her hands a little dirty. Literally - she potted petunias in my fruit bowl!
And folded napkins into flowers, among many many many other things.
I will take credit for making the placecards, though, except that they weren't even my idea.
Our appetizer was a real treat - verrine avocat, fromage blanc, saumon fume - if you don't know what that means in French, well, it means DELICIOUS.
Then we sat down and feasted on sole meuniere, Potatoes Anna and beef with carrots and plums.
We ended on a light note with a mixed green salad with cherry tomatoes, thyme, toasted baguette with chevre and a balsamic reduction ...
Setting your table was the fun easy part, your Foodie friends did the hard part! Wish I had tasted..............EVERYTHING!
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mom
Such fabulous pictures! ;) Et une table très jolie!
ReplyDeleteLooks yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!
ReplyDelete