Monday, September 13, 2010

On this day

On this day three years ago, our lives changed dramatically when Matt asked me to be his wife. On this day one year ago, our lives changed dramatically when Matt's career at GM came to an abrupt end.

So here it is, September 14 yet again. How can I not pause and remember the miracles that have come out of "good" news and "bad" news? Never in a million years could I have predicted what saint God would send down to be my husband (truly!), what our life would look like today or just how He would devise a perfectly unknowable and wonderful way out of a rather dire situation (no job for Matt, baby on the way, needing to sell a house in metro Detroit, etc. etc. etc.)

I don't ever want to forget September 14, so I think I'm going to make it into an anniversary of sorts. NOT because I want flowers, or a reason to hire a babysitter and go out for a nice dinner. Only because I want to never forget that God is exceedingly faithful, supremely creative and outrageously generous.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! Can I get a 'woot woot' for September 14th?! =) Love that you pause to praise God for how He has worked in your life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. A day worth marking for humility and much praise. Thinking of you. Tai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I'm going to have to post that last line on my frig for all my doubting/worrying moments! Excellent thought for my morning:)
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete