
We've been spending a lot of time this week with Matt's brother and his wife, who are in visiting before they move to Connecticut. Matt's brother works for tegu, a toy startup. They're more than just your everyday toy company, so I'd reccommend checking out the Web site for more information!
Because they are designing magnetized block sets, though, it got me thinking about Legos and how much I enjoyed playing with them when I was young. In fact, for a few years in a row, my brother and I would enter a Lego-building contest sponsored by the local toy store, Be Beep, and each design our own space stations, small cities, or what have you out of Legos.
My memories of these contests are a little fuzzy, but I do remember dropping my creation off at the store, and then returning a day or two later to see if there was a little ribbon attached to my design, indicating that I had won a prize (which was more Legos of course).
And lo and behold! There was always a ribbon attached to my design, as well as to my brother's. Imagine that - we both won!
And just the other day it dawned on me - I bet every contestant must have won a prize! I mean, there's no way to really know, but my brother and I couldn't both have been that good at Legos ... what are the odds?? And wouldn't at least one of us be an architect today if we had rightfully won our prizes?
A Christmas present for Tucker???
ReplyDeleteWhat are you talking about?! You ARE an architect of sorts -- you build relationships :-)
ReplyDeleteSo obviously, you won those awards fair and square.
hahaha I loved when you came to that realization in Fenton :) I agree with your friend Katie though! Thanks so much for the Tegu post. -Kristen
ReplyDelete