Monday, July 27, 2015

July is for Jamison

Attempting to summarize summer so far actually overwhelms me to the point of wanting to shut down this blog all together. I think the only way out of this blogging hiatus is to catch up with several short posts instead of getting bogged down by a diary of all that we've been up to for the last eight weeks.

So today I will give a little summary on Jamison and call that success for July.


He is at the most adorable and vexing stage right now. He still looks enough like a baby that I just want to devour his thighs and snuggle him so ... but he's also old enough to wriggle out of your arms and get into big trouble with electronic devices, toilet paper rolls, spice grinders, you name it. His favorite words are "Da!" "Dog!" and "Go!" Though I'm still his parent of choice, the instant Matt revs up the lawnmower Jamison does a Jekyll and Hyde on me and will. not. be. moved from his observation deck.


It's pretty wonderful.

Jamison enjoys his sisters but is quickly learning to hold his own with them. Just today when one of them was trying to grab something he was playing with, he bellowed the deepest, manliest "NOOO" I've heard him utter so far.

Jamison has been walking since he was 14 months old, which is a new experience for us, given that the girls didn't get going on their two legs until 21 months or so. When Emery would carefully go through a basket of board books, page by page, at his age, I thought this was normal toddler behavior. When Anna Kimball would quietly inspect a bag of small trinkets and toys, I thought this was normal toddler behavior. And I think I was right ... it's just that now I'm learning there are many different kinds of "normal."

The only book Jamison has ever gazed at for more than a moment has pictures of dogs. I might as well toss all my buckets of little toys for him to fiddle with because he is over it. All this boy wants to do is climb the furniture, mow the lawn, run away from me at the pool, turn his sister's CD player into something that doesn't play music anymore and then melt my heart all over again with his grin.










No comments:

Post a Comment