Wednesday, June 19, 2013

We're a little delayed

 ... and not just with Anna Kimball's walking. Emery has been in a big girl bed for more than a year now. Granted it is a BIG big girl bed that takes a little care to get in and out of (i.e. climbing onto a bean bag at the end of the bed).

Still, Emery has been capable of doing so for some time now. But never once has she gotten out of bed during nap time or at night. She always waits for me to come get her.

Last night, though, her loud crying woke me up and I was puzzled as to why it was so loud. I rushed to her room only to find her right by her door, weeping that she wasn't tired and couldn't sleep.


I realize this is par for the course when it comes to having children. I only laugh that it took Emery this long to figure out her independence. And will now prepare myself for the night in the not-too-distant future that she actually makes it all the way to MY bed to announce her insomnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment