Friday, May 13, 2011

Riddle me this

Emery is enthralled with the vacuum cleaner, lights up like nothing I've ever seen before whenever I use it, and would probably prefer that I clean all the floors, all day, everyday, to anything else in the world.



This, however, has elicited such fear in her that I hope I haven't scarred her for life:


This is the Froggy FUN pool. It's supposed to be FUN. When I put Emery in it yesterday she immediately dissolved into tears and our waterplay came to an abrupt halt.  Later, Matt put her in it fully clothed, with no water, and she became even more upset, clutched him for dear life, perhaps for fear Mr. Froggy was going to come to life and get her??

One of the reviewers on Amazon said her grandson was scared of the shade awning and I just thought that was ridiculous - how did she know he was scared of it? Maybe he just didn't feel like swimming that day.

Well, now I know she's right.  

So Mission #1 this summer - conquer Emery's fear of the Froggy FUN pool. Stay tuned for a (hopefully) positive progress report!

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious but poor Emery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is not what I thought the "terrifying" froggy pool would look like! This is actually really cute!
    You know what they say... it's never too early to start saving for therapy.

    ReplyDelete