Friday, December 17, 2010

We've been having fun

Yesterday Emery and I made a stop at the toy store before heading across the parking lot to the grocery store. Here she is on the "Rody," an Italian riding toy that she's obviously not quite ready for yet.



Then, we (well, I) had a moment of devastation, followed by elation, when I learned that they hadn't actually run out of peppermint ice cream and there was more in the back of the store. Hallelujah, especially because Matt doesn't even care for this flavor. More for me!



We also picked up an orchid! I've been orchidless for a while. Thank you, Mom, for funding this purchase :).




Later in the day, we went out again, for a quick Christmas shopping trip. More elation - look at this lovely snack arrangement that greeted us when we walked in the door! Not only were there some delicious treats to choose from, they kept in mind germophobes like me and even provided individual bags and scoopers.



On the way home, Emery did what she usually does - ripped off her socks and shoes and didn't seem sorry in the least that her tootsies were chilly.





Bathtime is getting better and better, now that there are toys involved!



What's Christmastime without a festive sleeper? Cheer up Emery, 'tis the season!



And this morning might have been one of the best in Emery's life - she experienced french toast for the first time. And for the first time, she didn't rip off her bib within 30 seconds of being seated. No, she just kept stuffing it in her mouth and kind of got a glazed over, very contented look on her face.



This is a wonderful development, except there's a tiny part of me that is nervous, because french toast was literally all I ate for quite some time as a child. Like mother, like daughter? We shall see ...

2 comments:

  1. A french toast filled childhood... so, that's your secret?! I wouldn't worry about Emery following in your foot steps - you turned out wonderfully, so if the girl wants french toast, bring on the french toast!! (She's growing up and OH SO CUTE! Merry almost Christmas Miss Emery!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be my all time favorite post! So festive and fun. I agree with Katie, bring on the french toast, you are a wonderful daughter!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete